Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The greatest love story ever told...






Ours is the greatest love story ever told. Two people who prepared, and saved themselves for each other. Married pure. Struggled financially the first few years to get through Grad school, while sacrificing...and choosing to put my career on hold to make a plethora of gorgeous babies... and devote my life to raising them to the Lord.
We have suffered unimaginable grief, adversities, and trials....yet kept our vows to each other and to God... regardless of the difficulties we faced. Through our challenges, and the Grace of God, we've experienced unfathomable joy, growth, and learning along the way...and we have gained an incredible amount of wisdom...much earlier than most. We have learned to become intentional in our marriage relationship and parenting. To put God, marriage, and our children first, and in that order.
I know you and love you more deeply than I ever imagined possible. I love what we have become. I love what we have created together. I love our shared vision of what we hope to achieve together. I know we aren't done facing adversity, but there is no one in the world I would rather face it with. I love this journey we are taking together, and the memories we are creating. I love the process of growing old with you. I can't wait to wear our lives out together in service and in doing the Lord's will, and to one day, be able to look back on our lives and know we gave it our all. I look forward to enjoying our massive posterity together.
I am so thankful to know that when death comes.... it will only temporarily separate us....that we have been sealed as one in the temple of God, and that our marriage and our family is eternal. This is just the beginning of our eternal love story.
Thank you for being such an amazing provider for our family. For presiding over our family unit in love and righteousness. For being our fearless protector. For being the father of not only our family unit, but hundreds of others that God has called you to shepherd.
I am crazy whooped on you. Don't forget! 

The lyrics of the song I wrote the night before our our wedding and sang to him at our reception:

All my life I've been preparing myself for you. To be the girl who'd make all your dreams come true. This is the moment I've been waiting for.
No one in this world believes in you the way I do, I am the girl who will never lose my faith in you. You're looking at the girl who loves you.

Nothing I could say could capture what I feel today. Nothing I could do could show you what I feel for you...
But if you could read my heart...if you could read my heart, you'd know that...

No one in this world believes in you the way I do, I am the girl who will never lose my faith in you. You're looking at the girl who loves you.

I'll live each day to put a smile on your face. To comfort you with the warmest embrace. I'd leave the world behind just to feel you by my side...each day of my life.

No one in this world believes in you the way I do, I am the girl who will never lose my faith in you. You're looking at the girl who loves you.





No comments:

Post a Comment